5.3.10

Who's the next de Castro?

I agreed when Alfonso Manalastas posted on his FB status that this year’s line-up is the suckiest in history. This is very true especially to the Vice-Presidentiables.

The Pinoy voting population does not care much about candidates running for the Veep. The focus mainly is on the Presidentiable, the man who can heal this “Sick Man of Asia”. But, it is still important for us to look on each of the VPs because as we all know, Veep is just a breath away from the seat that is Malacanang. So it’s time to busy ourselves with finding the better option. Let us not be lured by their commercials or their non-sense platforms. They’ve fooled us many times over and look where it got us to.

Have you ever think what if Sen. Edgardo Angara won the Vice-Presidentiable bid in 1998 and eventually succeeded Erap and not Pres. Arroyo? IMHO, we wouldn’t have so many troubles as we have now, no “Hello Garci” *imitating Mrs. President’s voice*, no ZTE scandal blah blah. So,
let's consider these few words about our VPs.

I’m no Mar voter. Well, I used to be but he lost my vote when he married someone (a media personality, mind you) just to propel his bid in the race. The worst is, he proposed to Korina in freakin’ Wowowee – a noontime circus. And not to mention, the stupidity of his commercials,"Anak, itabi mo, ako na". Sheeze!

Mirror, mirror in the wall, who’s the trapo-est of them all? The self-proclaimed Veep Loren Legarda. Why not? Isn’t she hate Villar? But now, she’s running with him. WTF! She sacrificed her dignity just for this election. I think something is up on her sleeve. Scary!

Binay is one-hell of a mayor. “Ganito kami sa Makati, Ganito sana sa buong bansa” pol ad shows great promise. But I doubt if what he has done in his city could cover the whole country. Could he give free hospitalization, free school bags or free movie tickets to everyone in the country including those in Tawi-Tawi? I don’t think so, it's quite impossible. I’m not being negative here, na-ah. It doesn’t take a genius to tell that 567,349 is nothing, as in nothing, compared to 91 million. Helloooo?!

Yesh, Bayani Fernando is weird. You know, blue fences, pink lanes, pink urinals but at least he’s getting something done. So, I didn't mind seeing pink and blue fences not only in Manila but in the whole territory of the country as well. But what's with the cutting of trees along Katipunan Av? Oh bad! He failed the green groups, he failed me.

Edu Manzano may be charismatic and all being a son of show business. But are we now ready to have a leader who has nothing to go for him but the endorsements of pips from tinseltown? NO WAY! Have we not learned our lessons during the Erap years? *wink, wink* Let me state in no uncertain terms I will vote for him even if he’s the running-mate of G1BO because he doesn’t deserve my vote.

My apologies to Jay Sonza, Perfecto Yasay and Dominador Chipeco Jr. for not including them in this post. But that’s not my fault. I never heard them speak in public so I don’t know what they will have to offer if they win. There, take that!

I am not closing my windows yet but as of now, I'm signifying my intention to vote for none of the Vice-Presidentiables at all. Simply because I don't want the choices presented to us right now- they suck as Alfonso puts it. But I still hope that the candidates themselves will make an effort to convince us voters that they deserve our votes.

:|.poOt!

15 comments:

chyng said...

Gordon-Bayani tandem will get my vote. Seriously.

Hoobert the Awesome said...

Yeah, yeah.

Bayani is on top of my VP list. ;o

While Gordon is 3rd on my Pres list. :O

eloiski said...

ay oo ngapala noh? may vp pa pala. masyado nga talagang nafocus ang atensyon ko sa presidente. at oo, hindi ko naisip na si edu pala tatakbo. hakhak!

pwede ba magblangko sa vp? wala talaga ako mapili eh. as in wala. pero malay natin, baka meron pala.

salamat naman pala sa posteng 'to at pinaalala mo sa akin ang vp kung hindi bka mapaisip ako ng sobra kapag namimili na ako ng ivovote ko sa may

Mr. President said...

...basta ako ang first lady ay si angel locsin...

Unknown said...

This is a great post Poot. This post made us think that there is still a VP cabdidates, lol. I almost forgot it haha. I don't think who will i vote, and why. I'll start thinking now. ;D


Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter

melody said...

lets just watch and see!!!

arsean said...

wala pa din akong candidates na napili...waaaah

pero Gibo impressed me sa lahat ng debates nya...but then no final line up for this May election...

happy anniversary nga pala...weeeeh late na c tito...

apir pooT.. :-)

fufu said...

you should enjoy the time with other stuff and not politic... or no? yeah the young generation is going to decide who to rule the country??

Len said...

hello poot! thnx sa support, but i heard postponed muna.. hehehe

gerald said...

gusto ko si bayani fernando as vp.

ShatterShards said...

Mar is actually pretty decent, it's just a shame he got trapo-fied with that wowowee engagement. Stupidest career move in politics. Ever.

Bayani is a fine candidate as well, and he will do much if the Gordon-Bayani tandem wins. Unfortuantely, theirs is the least bankable tandem to date. If political will and sincere urge to reform this country is needed, their tandem is the most potent in the current race.

Binay's performance isn't his entirely. By some sort of political lottery, he got the jackpot by landing in Makati, where the Ayalas have concentrated their efforts to enrich and develop. Among the Metro Manila mayors, his efforts aren't the most stellar. QC still has the highest tax collection, Mandaluyong is friendlier with emerging businesses, Pasig and Marikina are cleaner, greener and more organized.

Moreover, it was only last year that he was able to do something about Makati's squatter problems, right around the time when he realized his VP bid. For the past 24 years, he did nothing to combat that problem.

Hmmm... it seems I'm hating on Binay too much, right? I guess I am. His 24 years in power is too much, he needs to retire.

iamronel said...

wla p po akong npupusuhan..hiihih

melody said...

care to exchange links to our opther blog www.mondenero.com??

goyo said...

hi poot, busy ka pa din ba kay G1BO?
undecided pa din ako sa Pres Position. pero sa VP, mahigpit din ang laban, basta ang saken, hindi ko iboboto si Legarda at Edu, si Roxas Bayani at Binay lang ang pinagpipilian ko.. :)

pusangkalye said...

ako personally mahirap talaga pumili ng vice president....I prefer to play it safe I guess---pero, yeah----we need reformers, we need people who can make unpopular decisions....that's why I dont like Ninoy---I think he is too soft for the job....